Sunday 25 August 2013

Connection, Collaboration, Co-construction - What We Do

Yesterday morning when I woke up, I started to think about what I needed to do for the week ahead. One task was to plan a staff meeting which would move the staff on in their thinking about the power of blogging.
Before I even threw back the sheets, I reached for my smart phone and sent a request out to my PLN: "Collecting wise "whys" about #blogging for staff mtg; with kids, as reflection, as eportfolios. Can you help? Links apprec. Use hashtag & RT."

Tweets came in over the next 24 hours as people read and retweeted. I connected with some great global bloggers. My Twitter connections even sent me their own presentations by Dropbox (@nlouwrens)and email (@BeLchick1) Wow!

Stephanie Thompson then encapsulated my thoughts in a blog post of her own: http://traintheteacher.wordpress.com/2013/08/25/weekly-reflection-the-value-of-connections/

So thanks PLN and thank goodness for the technologies that help me connect.  I can mull over a problem, debate an issue, fill a hole in my knowledge, share a success, share a problem.  And all before I get up in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment