Sunday, 30 August 2015
Leaders at the Tron
The Innovative Leaders Conference was a memorable experience for a number of reasons:
1. Thanks to Anne Robertson, who suggested the idea, I presented a session on Twitter for the eighty plus Waikato deputy principals and middle leaders who attended the two days. because I had to submit a bio and brief immediately, I didn't have the opportunity to have second thoughts.
2. I had to get over my imposter complex when I then found out I was one of only nine presenters, several who were very well known in New Zealand education and even globally.
3. I got to meet these education heroes.
4. I made connections with my fellow educators in the Waikato, as well as the group who attended from Rotorua.
5. The ideas were useful to my context and I was interested by every session and keynote.
6. I enjoyed a hotel stay and great conference dinner with three outstanding musical acts.
Thanks Carey Huria and the rest of the organising team. Every educator needs the opportunity to connect, communicate, collaborate, critically inquire into and celebrate learning.
I will write a second post my Twitter workshop soon.